Instructions for Uploading and Maintaining your Courses
Course Upload Requirements
Before we can accept your teaching courses, first we’ll need to verify the following: TI Status, Payment Setup and Welcome Letter.
Once you’re ready to submit courses to be loaded, we will need the following in the submission: a completed course upload form, accompanying syllabi and faculty credentials.
Submitting a Course Upload Form
When submitting a course upload it’s important to remember that what’s provided is what will be shown on the ACS. Additionally, please only share with us what’s ready to be uploaded.
Submit all course uploads by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Upload Document
A course upload document will be provided during your on-boarding process and can be found here:
When submitting the file itself, we ask that it be sent as an Excel file and not linked as a Google Sheet.
When providing syllabi, we accept two forms: live links or pdf files. If providing syllabi to us as a file (instead of a live ink) they must be in pdf format and the file name should be the corresponding Course ID.
When providing pdf files of your syllabi, we ask that they be added to your Institution’s Dropbox folder.
While not a requirement, faculty credentials are highly recommended. Similar to providing syllabi, we will accept two forms: live links or pdf files. If providing faculty credentials to us as a file (instead of a live ink) they must be in pdf format and the file name should be the name of the instructor..
When providing pdf files of your faculty credentials, we ask that they be added to your Institution’s Dropbox folder.
- No Tribal Speak: Every school has its own language. Ensure the course information does not have any vernacular that may be unique to the teaching institution.
- Course Codes: Consistency is critical. If you use one code the first time courses are loaded and it varies in any way the second time you load this same course, the approvals from the HIs will not capture the second listing. Clean and Tight. No weird spaces or special characters.
- Course Title: No misspelled words, no special characters, no extra spacing, no ALL CAPS, no abbreviations.
- Course Descriptions: No misspelled words, no special characters, no out-of-place line breaks.
- Prerequisites: Must list prerequisites or N/A if none exist. Must include both Course Code and Course Title. IF there is an And/Or situation, include it.
- Add Date: This is the last date that the course will be visible on Acadeum Course Share and capable of having an enrollment request submitted. Must be at minimum 24 hours and preferably 48 hours before the drop date.
- Drop Date: This is the last date a student can drop the course before the home institution pays the registration fee. Payment is 100%, there are no pro-rated refunds. The drop date must be a minimum of 24-hours and preferably 48-hours after the add date. This ensures the student can successfully log into class to check the course before the home institution pays the registration fee.
The Admin App has tools built in to facilitate course edits and removals. For a greater explanation see our support article: Edit Course Information/Remove a Section.
If bulk updates need to be done we’re more than happy to accommodate. Please follow the steps above to submit a new course upload with the changes needed. Changes can be made for individual courses within the Acadeum Course Share Administrator application. Click here to learn more.
When should I submit courses?
It takes time for a Home Institution to review your course offerings. The review/approval process is typically completed a few terms before your course’s start date. As a result, we see the most success with courses that are provided two semesters in advance.
Here is a good rule of thumb: Fall of next year - submitted beginning in December of this year, Spring of next year - submitted beginning in May of this year, Summer of next year - submitted beginning August of this year.
How late can I submit a course upload?
We understand that it can be a challenge to coordinate all of the details of your course. However, we ask that courses that have an add date within 10 days of your submission date not be included in your upload.
With that said, if there are enrollments standing by for your courses then we will accept your submission regardless.
How long does this process take?
When submitting your course upload documents a member of our Support Team will reach out to you within a day to confirm that we received your submission. They will do an initial check to ensure all of the necessary details have been provided. Once we have everything needed, we will have your courses up within 10 working days.
What if I want to re-submit courses I’ve loaded in the past?
To expedite the process, we can provide you with a pre-populated course upload document of all your previously listed courses. All we would need in return are the new course dates.
Please reach out to email@example.com requesting a “Pre-populated Course Upload Document” and our team will happily oblige.
How do I find my Dropbox folder?
Access to your Dropbox folder will be provided during on-boarding. If you’re unable to find, or access it, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.