Instructions for uploading courses to Acadeum Course Share
- Syllabi for all courses
- Complete and accurate Course Upload Form
- Please download the file and submit as an Excel file and not as a GSheet
- Only provide courses that are to be loaded
- PDF with the Course ID as the title (ex. ACCT101.pdf)
- TIs can include more information but the file name must begin with the Course ID
- Best practice is to have the file name exactly mirror the Course ID field
- Live, public URL leading directly to the course syllabus (some schools have attempted to provide a link to a syllabi bank, which does not satisfy the requirement)
- Missing syllabi are the biggest reason that courses are delayed in being loaded or are not loaded at all
- Acadeum prefers syllabi are added to the provided drobox folder for upload. If your institution does not have a folder setup, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know and we will provide the link to the folder
Course Upload Form
- Required fields are indicated in Yellow on the "Required Fields for Courses" tab and must be completed
- Fields to pay special attention to:
- Course ID: this is how approvals are managed, so it is very important that this field is consistent from term to term - Should not include section data (ex. ACCT 101 - correct; ACCT 101-001 - incorrect)
- Course Title: Should be the full course name with no abbreviations and in appropriate title case (e.g. Philosophy of Ancient Greeks)
- Prerequisites: should contain both Course ID and Course Title for all prerequisite courses
- Drop Date must be equal to or after the Start Date
- Add Date is the last day an institution/student can submit a registration or enrollment request (also the last day a course is visible on the platform)
- A course section only needs to be listed once if all of the dates are the same
- Cross-listings must be listed as two separate courses
POINTS OF FAILURE on Course Upload forms
- No Tribal Speak.
- Every school has its own language. Ensure the course information does not have any vernacular that may be unique to the teaching institution.
- Course Codes
- Consistency is critical. If you use one code the first time courses are loaded and it varies in any way the second time you load this same course, the approvals from the HIs will not capture the second listing.
- Clean and Tight. No weird spaces or special characters.
- Course Titles
- Clean. No misspelled words, no special characters, no extra spacing, no ALL CAPS, no abbreviations.
- Course Descriptions
- Clean. No misspelled words, no special characters, no out-of-place line breaks.
- Must list prerequisites or N/A if none exist. Must include both Course Code and Course Title. IF there is an And/Or situation, include it.
- Add Date
- This is the last date that the course will be visible on Acadeum Course Share and capable of having an enrollment request submitted.
- Must be at minimum 24 hours and preferably 48 hours before the drop date.
- Drop Date
- This is the last date a student can drop the course before the home institution pays the registration fee. Payment is 100%, there are no pro-rated refunds.
- The drop date must be a minimum of 24-hours and preferably 48-hours after the add date. This ensures the student can successfully log into class to check the course before the home institution pays the registration fee.
Upload Timing/Other Information
- The ideal upload time is two semesters in advance. This timing allows the home institutions the appropriate amount of time to review and approve courses before advising begins.
- Recommended sequence for loading courses:
- Fall of next year - loaded beginning in December of this year
- Spring of next year - loaded beginning in May of this year
- Summer of next year - loaded beginning August of this year
- Acadeum advises 10 business days from receipt of all required information for courses to be loaded. (If courses are submitted 6, 9, or 12 months in advance as recommended this is not an issue. Courses starting within two months often causes anxiety for schools waiting for courses to be loaded.)
- If the start date is within 2 months, Acadeum would advise the TI to focus on the next set of start dates (and beyond).
- Send all completed documents and questions to our support team at email@example.com.