Release Notes: September, 2021
The Acadeum student app (previously known as the student portal) has undergone a complete redesign with an improved user experience as well as new features.
New location: dedicated homepage for students: https://students.acadeum.com
- Introduction of new product name “Acadeum Course Share”
- Updated verbiage:
- “HI Equivalent Course” to “HI Approved Course Substitute”
- “Course Not Found Request” to “Student Course Request”
Redesigned HI Student Landing Pages
- Distinct use of school brand and name
- Account Creation Sign Up form expanded by default (one less click)
- Redesigned “How It Works” section - carousel removed, now all steps are shown
Course Request Flow from Public TI Course Library
New flow allowing for students of network partners to request courses from public TI Course Library
- If a student from a network partner accesses the public listings of courses and tries to register for a non-approved course, the new flow allows for a student to request that course via a Student Course Request without interrupting, triggering an email to the Acadeum Support team.
Updates to Account Creation Process and Login
- SSO Available and prominently displayed; SSO defaults to only option if the HI has turned on SSO
- Removed Mobile Phone Number as a required field for account creation. Note that phone number and express consent to messaging is still required for submitting a registration request.
Remember Device checkbox during login
- If checked, the user stays logged in for 30 days (this is the current behavior) and user name and password are remembered after logout
- If not checked, the user is logged out after 15 minutes of inactivity and username and password are not remembered
- Moving to a course-index model (not sections). Course cards show the course information as well as term information for available sections
- Ability to switch between two search Indices:
- My School Courses - This is the HI Course Catalog index and allows students to search against the “HI Approved Course Substitutes” that their school maps when approving courses
- All Course Substitutes - This is the TI Course Catalog index - Our current model of courses displayed according to the TI course information
Student Section Request for approved course with no available sections
Within the search, if a HI has approved courses but the TI does not have any available sections, then the student can click a button to “Request a Section.” This will trigger an email alert to the Acadeum Support team who contact the HI and/or TI.
Breadcrumbs throughout site
Every page will show breadcrumbs e.g. in course search and within post-login pages
New registration / student information form
- The registration form is simplified and broken into 3 different sections: Personal Information, Academic Information, and Contact Information.
- The student information is stored in their profile page where they can review/edit their information
Student Ability to Cancel Registration Request
Students can cancel a registration request for a course from within the app. This will trigger an email to the HI Enrolling Student Contact, as well as to the appointed advisor on the student record.
Access to Current Enrollments and Enrollment Status
Provides access to all currently enrolled courses and their enrollment status
Student Access to Past Enrollments and Grade History
- Allows students to see prior enrollments and last statuses (last status for the enrollment, e.g. “Complete” or “Dropped”)
- Provides students with grades for consortial enrollments and TI transcript request URLs for transfer enrollments
Student Ability to Request Status Change - drop and withdraw
Students can submit a request to Drop or Withdraw from a course from within the app. This will trigger an email to the HI Enrolling Student Contact as well as the appointed advisor on the student record.
- Allows Administrator and Enrolling Student Administrator roles to “recommend” courses to students within the Acadeum Course Share admin app. This triggers an email notification to the student
- Allows students to access courses that are recommended to them for enrollment by the Administrator or Enrolling Student Administrator
- Students will receive an email with the course details as well commentary provided to them by their advisor (Administrator and Enrolling Student Administrator roles)
Upon login, students see an Advisor Recommendation notice and are able to access all recommended courses with advisor commentary in a single location