This checklist is provided after an institution has completed the Teaching Institution [TI] Orientation session.
If you are interested in becoming a teaching institutions in the Acadeum network, contact your Acadeum Account Representative.
Registrar / Academic Operations
- Identify a project leader and a project team
- Identify institutional goals
- Identify who will enter grades in Acadeum Course Share
- Define how attendance will be monitored during the drop period
- Create new users
- Assign Teaching Administrators who will approve enrollment requests
- Assign the Teaching Student Contact who will be identified as the primary point of contact for students attending the teaching institution
- Define the enrollment request review process
- Define how consortial students will be registered for courses in your SIS
- Send the Acadeum Primer for Teaching Institution Faculty when term begins
- Attend a TI Orientation
- Determine courses to offer through Acadeum Course Share
- Review the Guidance for Uploading Courses and complete the Course Upload Form
- Determine consortial partners and sign agreements (meet with your account representative to finalize)
- Finalize the "Welcome Letter"
- Consider participating as a Home Institution, if you are not already
- Determine process/timeline for submitting new course offerings
- Determine process to acquire and provide syllabi
- Determine process for providing faculty credentials
- Assign the Primary Finance Contact
- Complete Teaching Institution Stripe set up
- Determine how students will be registered without a balance due
- Determine price of courses
- Whitelist @collegeconsortium.org and Acadeum.com email domains
- Determine how Acadeum students will receive login credentials
- Reference additional information about using the Acadeum Course Share Administrator Application in the Acadeum Course Share (ACS) Overview collection.
In order to ensure a smooth onboarding and start of students, Teaching Institutions:
- Have a responsibility to onboard a student (to include login credential creation and delivery) in a timely fashion that aligns with the guidance provided in the Teaching Institution Welcome Letter.
- Are required to make available to Acadeum a contact who can resend login credentials when needed.
- Are required to provide a help desk phone number for students to contact when technical assistance is required.
Are required to provide a reporting of student attendance 48 hours before the drop date.
Please contact Molly Sheahan at email@example.com to schedule a Teaching Institution Orientation session. If you are interested in becoming a Teaching Institution in the Acadeum network, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Teaching Institutions are required to post syllabi or course information to the platform to facilitate Home Institution course adoption and quality assurance. Home Institutions want to review a syllabus, faculty credentials, and complete course description during the course approval and quality assurance process.
The best practice is to provide an up-to-date syllabus for each course, but it is also possible to meet this requirement by using:
a syllabus from a past section of the same course with the dates removed
Master course syllabus
a Course Minimum Information form.