Courses must be both Mapped and Approved before a student can be enrolled. Only Institutional Administrators and Enrolling Administrators can map, approve, and schedule a course. [Learn more about roles and permissions.]
The mapping and approval process can be managed several ways:
Mapping and Approving an individual course. For more information, see the Mapping and Approving a Course section below.
- Mapping and Approving an individual course when submitting an enrollment request to a teaching institution. If a course is not already mapped/approved, these steps are built into the enrollment process. For more information, see Enrolling/Removing Students from Courses.
- Mapping and Approving a list of courses in bulk. For more information, see the Bulk Mapping & Approval Requests section below.
Once mapped and approved, sections of a course will appear in the Acadeum Student App.
Additionally, a course can be Scheduled so that only certain terms and sessions appear for a course in the Acadeum Student App.
Mapping and Approving a Course:
- From the Courses page, search for the course needed.
- Select See Sections.
- From the upper right corner, select Approve Course.
- Enter your institution’s Course Code and Course Title for which this course will serve as an equivalent. This is the "mapping" step; at least one course equivalency from your institution must be mapped in order to approve a course.
- Schedule course sections [optional; read more below]
- Select Approve Course
Scheduling a Course [Optional]:
While a course can be designated as Approved, you can use the Schedule area to restrict course sections from being visible to students in your Student App. Use this option if you want the course to only be available to your students during specific terms.
While the course will display as Approved within the Course Share website as an administrator, only sections that are Scheduled appears to students in the Student app.
Bulk Mapping & Approval Requests
Acadeum wants to support you in establishing a broad list of courses in which to enroll your students and strongly encourages you to map as many courses as possible to your approved course inventory. For added efficiency, institutions have the option of mapping and approving courses in bulk (10 or more new courses), eliminating the need to map and approve courses one by one. However, this bulk option will automatically schedule all sections.
For information on mapping and approving courses in bulk, contact your Acadeum Account Representative.