NEW! A new horizontal card structure makes navigating through courses and course sections easier.
All available courses and sections from all Teaching Institutions are listed on the Find Courses page. There are many ways to filter and search for a course.
A. Search Box
Search for courses using a course code, title, key words and/or descriptors. This will provide a list of courses where the key word is found in the course title and/or course description.
Course search results can be viewed by Sections or Courses list. Courses listed may have more than one section available.
- Sections – lists all courses and corresponding sections available for each separately.
(Ex: MATH110 may have sections available in a Fall and Winter term and will list twice in the Sections)
- Courses – lists courses available only; click in a course card to view available course sections and terms. Results may include courses where sections are not available. (Ex: MATH110 may have sections available in a Fall and Winter term but will list only once in the Courses ) [Learn more about requesting a section when one is not available.]
A. Filter Results
Filter to view courses based on selected criteria. Using the filter options in the middle navigation pane, search for courses using one or more sets of criteria. Results may list courses that have multiple terms from which to select a course. [Read more about this feature here.]
- Approved – toggle courses that your institution has already mapped and approved
- Consortial – toggle courses that are offered by teaching institutions in your consortia
- My Teaching Courses – toggle courses that your institution is offering for enrollments (applies to Teaching Institutions only)
- Regionally Accredited – toggle for courses and sections offered by regionally accredited institutions
[Note: Most teaching institutions in the Acadeum Network are institutionally accredited]
- Past Sections – returns all course sections offered in previous terms where the end date has passed
- No Prerequisites – toggle courses that do not require successful completion of a prerequisite course
- Consortium – filter courses that are offered by Teaching Institutions in your consortial network (Note: schools can be members of multiple consortia.]
- Categories – select courses in a specific category or categories, such as Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Accounting, etc.
- Term – filter courses that are offered within a specific term
- Session – further filter for courses that are offered within selected session/s
[Note: there may be multiple sessions in a term]
- Start & End Dates - search for courses that start and/or end within specified dates
- Teaching Institution – filter for courses offered by a specific Teaching Institution/s. Results will include institutions that may or may not be a member of your consortia. To select only Teaching Institutions that are members of your consortia, also select the Consortial toggle.
- Course Level – filter to view courses only at the undergrad or graduate level
- Credit Hours – filter courses by credits offered
(Note: credits per course through the Acadeum network may differ from your school’s credits per course. If a course has been approved and recommended to you directly, credits earned may reflect the credits per course that your school has established.)
- Price – Using the slider, filter to find courses within a specific price range established by the Teaching Institution. This price reflects the cost of the course to the Home Institution per enrollment; the price you charge your student/s per enrollment may differ.
- Institution Type – filter to view courses offered by institutions that are a combination of private, public, for-profit, and not-for-profit.
- Affiliations – filter to view courses offered by institutions that are affiliated with certain organizations. Affiliations may be religious, gender-based, systems, etc.
- Accreditation – filter to view courses from institutions with specific institutional or programmatic accreditations
- LMS – filter to view courses hosted on a specific LMS
- Institution State – filter courses offered by institutions main campus state
- Institution Country – filter to view courses offered by institutions nationally or internationally; results are based on the institutions’ main campus country
- Has Faculty Credentials – filter to view only courses where faculty credentials are available
- Has Learning Assessments – filter to view only courses with learning assessments uploaded in the course description
If a needed course is not available, request a course using the process linked here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.